More and more businesses are turning to the cloud for their IT needs. The cloud lets them enjoy plenty of benefits, including cost savings, scalability, and flexibility. However, leveraging the cloud also introduces new security challenges. And as data breaches and cyberattacks become more frequent and sophisticated, companies must take steps to protect their cloud data and infrastructure. A great way to do this is to use managed cloud security services.
What are managed cloud security services?
Managed cloud security services enable businesses to outsource tasks related to protecting their cloud infrastructure. Examples of such tasks include:
- Conducting security audits to identify any vulnerabilities in the cloud infrastructure and gain insights into how to improve security
- Implementing and managing access controls to ensure that only authorized users can access the cloud infrastructure and its resources
- Applying data encryption to make cloud data unreadable to users who do not possess the decryption key
- Deploying email content filtering and spam protection to identify and automatically block unsolicited or potentially malicious emails from reaching users’ inboxes
- Detecting and responding to cyberthreats, which entails monitoring the cloud infrastructure to quickly identify and respond to potential security threats
- Conducting cloud data backup and disaster recovery, which involves regularly copying and storing cloud data to remote cloud-based servers so that data can be easily recovered in case of a disaster
- Managing cloud-related compliance requirements to help businesses comply with relevant industry and regulatory standards, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
Overall, managed cloud security provides businesses with a comprehensive security solution for their cloud environment.
|Read also: Secure your data in the cloud|
Why should businesses use managed cloud security services?
There are many reasons businesses should partner with managed cloud security providers.
Expertise and experience
Managed cloud security providers are experts in cloud security and have extensive experience in securing cloud environments. They have the knowledge and tools necessary to protect businesses against the latest threats and vulnerabilities.
Proactive threat monitoring
When businesses use managed cloud security services, a team of cloud security experts monitors their cloud environment around the clock. This allows the team to detect and respond to threats in real time and mitigate the damage caused by these threats.
Managed cloud security solutions are much more cost-effective than in-house IT teams. Building an in-house security team requires significant upfront investments in hiring, training, and provisioning of equipment. Partnering with a managed cloud security provider eliminates these costs, allowing companies to pay for only the services they need.
|Read also: Cloud cost-saving strategies for SMBs|
Flexibility and scalability
Managed cloud security services are highly flexible and can be tailored to meet each business’s specific requirements. This makes it easier for companies to customize the service according to their budget and preferences.
What’s more, managed cloud security services can be scaled up or down as needed, allowing organizations to meet their security needs without having to invest in additional infrastructure.
Focus on the business
By outsourcing cloud security to a third-party provider, companies are freed of time-consuming tasks related to managing security issues on their own. This allows them to focus on their core competencies and on growing the business.
Managed cloud security providers have the expertise to navigate complex compliance requirements and ensure that businesses meet the requirements of relevant industry and regulatory standards.
Why should businesses partner with Refresh Technologies for managed cloud security services?
North Carolina businesses can turn to Refresh Technologies for their cloud security needs. We are a proud partner of the IT industry’s top vendors, including IBM, Microsoft, HP, Google, Dell, and Cisco. Not only that, but we also have years-long experience in helping organizations of different sizes and industries with all of their technology needs.
By working with us, you can rest easy knowing that your company data and email system, customer-facing online services, and employees will remain protected against all types of cyberthreats. Get in touch with us today.