Level 2 Technical Support
Job Title: Level 2 Technical Support
Reports To Service Manager
Status Full Time
FLSA Status Non-exempt
Provide IT support for clients remotely or at a client site. Find fixes and final solutions by troubleshooting issues while providing superior customer service. Must be technically capable and a self-starter with strong organizational and customer service skills. May be required to travel to client sites, work weekends or after hours when necessary.
Desired Attributes and Experience
- Customer first mentality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of computers, networks and software
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience with AutoTask or other ticketing system
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
- Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new technology and software
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
Responsibilities and Duties
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Respond to tickets in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem solving process including actions taken through to the final resolution
- Respond in timely manner to requests and issues
- Repair and replace equipment as needed
- Provide onsite and remote support to end users
- Assist in AV setups as needed for meetings
- Assist new hire training for basic IT needs.
- Set up new workstations for users (deploying equipment, checking over account setups).
- Heavy use of Windows and Mac OS devices
- Ability to work in Active Directory
- Understanding of Cisco Meraki
- Test new technology
- Create documentation for staff for training purposes
- Resolve Tier 1 and 2 support tickets
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Associate Degree plus two years of tech support experience, or three plus years tech support experience.
- A+ and Net+ Certification or equivalent required.